Marketing Consultant and Executive
Marketing should make selling easier and more profitable; it’s just that simple.
I create marketing strategies, tools, and training that help high-technology equipment companies sell more products and services at higher prices. This has been my specialty for more than 20 years, ever since I was a Marketing and Sales VP at Applied Materials and Lam Research.
In my experience, effective marketing is built on the following process:
1. Specify Value: Before you can effectively price or sell value, you have to explain that value and frame it in terms of how it helps customers earn and/or save money.
2. Create Versions: Offering versions of performance at different price points helps you capture more business and avoid overserving price-sensitive customers.
3. Capture Attention: This requires compelling sales collateral, letters, presentations, and online materials.
4. Compete where you can win: Companies throw a lot of good money at bad business—business that is unobtainable or unprofitable. Defining good and bad business for your company enables you to reserve your time, money, and energy for the right prospects and opportunities.
5. Price Results: Customers don’t buy products or services—they buy results. A pricing proposal that boils down to “for every dollar you spend with me, you’ll get five in return” is far more compelling and easier to defend than trying to justify a price that’s based on your costs.
6. Train Specifically: Most sales training is either too general, or too product-focused. The most effective approach is to train people to sell your products and services to your customers at your prices. I have trained thousands of salespeople all around the world, and their questions tend to be very similar (How do I get the customer’s attention? What questions should I ask? How do I sell value instead of price? How and when should I talk about money?). Arming them with the right information helps them close more sales, easily and predictably.
Strategy, tools and training start at $2,500. I also offer Marketing and Sales Management services on a full or part-time basis.
If you’re interested in building a more solid foundation from which to sell, I’d love to chat and see if I might be able to help you out. Give me a call at 650-862-0688, or send an email to email@example.com to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
President, Red Chasm
Discover Why Pricing Matters